Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Your Brain on Gluten: It’s Not a Pretty Picture – Part 1


 Your Brain on Gluten: It’s Not a Pretty Picture – Part 1
by Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, MS. DC, CCN, DACBN

(The Best Years in Life) I first got seriously interested in the devastating effects of gluten on brain and behaviour almost a decade ago after listening to a recording of a talk by Dr. Thomas O’Bryan at a meeting of the International and American Association of Certified Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN).

Before that, I was aware of the dangers of wheat and had taken myself and many patients off it with great results. Later, I developed a resource pack to help those wanting to free themselves:

http://www.drritamaie.com/glutenfree
Originally, many wheat-free enthusiasts still ate gluten in the form of kamut and spelt, including me. I would sprout kamut and make a delicious raw, dehydrated bread or pizza crust from it.

I didn’t notice negative effects unless I ate too much, but I did notice that once I started eating it, I craved more beyond satisfaction of my hunger.   Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment